Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ethan is here!!!

Ethan's personality is just how i pictured it would be. Hes sweet... easy going... and everything he does is simply adorable...

The night before Ethan was born was really difficult for me... THE NIGHT b4 he came I caught a horrible cold!... so that whole night I was so uncomfortable and I couldnt get any sleep... My throat was sore and I couldnt drink any water because the doctor had told me that I couldnt eat or drink anything after 12 midnight.... so I wuz really suffering... I wuz whining and wuz seriously so bumbed out and worried that my sickness would affect ethan.....

Allen woke up at about 3 or so and took me nd lei for a drive so that we could hopefully fall asleep... I did for a bit but then once we got back to my parents house I was back to being uncomfortable.... I got an hours sleep that night...

Allen and I started to get ready to go to the hospital around 8:30 ish in the morning... we got all of our belongings together... and my mom gave allen some breakfast which KILLED me because I was starving...she just HAD to give him BACCON!!... lol

then we were off to the hospital and made it there almost exactly at 10 when we were supposed to... 

I had so many mixed feelings.... I wuz excited and scared and even though we were at the hospital and everything I couldnt believe that we would be meeting ethan that day... It wasnt a reality tthat there would be this fourth person in our little family.

sometimes... its still not a reality that hes here...

Allen and I went into the hospital and began registration... we didnt have to wait long before they called our names to register.... we gave the woman all our insurance information and wut not... Everyone who would talk to us congradulated us... 

I was getting nervous.... becuase I knew which painful parts were coming and I wasn't looking forward to it at all... The thought of have the catheter put in me made me scared and the epidural wasn't a breeze for me with leila and was the most painful part of her delievery so I was really scared and was hoping that I could handle the pain. 

After registering this sweet old lady in pink walked us to the back where we would set up for the surgery ( but I dont think she knew wut she wuz doing but it was ok...) 

Then the put both me nd allen in a little room that had a little bed and a tv in it... it was really really cold in there and they had me undress into their little hospital bare backed outfit thing... then me nd allen waited...

The nurse that was going to help me through the surgery came in asking me all sorts of questions about my heealth and wut not... she waas a really sweet african or jamaican woman..... After a while they gave allen this funny looking outfit for the surgery.... haha I thought he looked really cute .... 

then it came time for the catheter to be put it and ofcourse... IT WUZ PAINFUL... I tried my best not to complain, make faces, or and sounds... but I couldnt help it... it hurt so bad... I tried to calm my face down wen I would notice allen looking at me with a sorry face... or a he feels bad for me face... cuz I felt bad that he looked like he felt bad for me and stuff.... 

Then the anestheseiologist came in and gave me a little atalk about the proceudure that he was going to do... and he explianed that allen couldnt be in the room while he wuz doing the epidural... which made me want to cry because I needed to hold on to him... I didnt want to do it myself... I was more worried then ever...

then after a while doctor kaplan came in around 12 and gave me a little talk and explained that we would start in half an hour...
so 12:30 came by nd they rolled me off into the operating room....

I was scared because allen wasnt with me... they told him to wait till they were set up...

It was freezing inside the room... I couldnt help but shiver... the entire room was white and sterile.... and there was a bunch of white monitors hanging around and a table of silver shinging surgical tools....

My nerves were sort of calmed hearing the doctors and nurses joking around about their weekend and other people because hearing them act like normal made me sort of feel like this was nothing... that it was just an average everyday thing that they do... nd I kept telling myself to calm down because they've done this many times before... Dr. Kaplan delivered me, lei nd now ethan... so I kept telling myself not to worry....

I was trying to prepare myself metally for the epidural... and it seemed to work somewhat... I still could believe how fast everything was going by... 

I was really happy that the african american nurse wuz hugging me during the epidural... if she wasnt there hugging me I dont think i could have handled the pain....

The asian ansetheseiologist warned me nd said that he was going to start... then there it went... there was a shooting pain in my back that was unbearable... I wasted to cry so bad but i wuz trying to suck it up.... He was being nice about it and was saying sorry that it hurt.... and he explained to me that he was going to have to try again because the part he put it in was inaffective... then he tried again and once again i cringed as shoots of pain entered my lower back... 

Extremely paiinful....

then they layed me down and the medicine soon became effective... my legs felt heavier and heavier... till finally all there was waas a simple tingle in my toes... they put up the sheet infront of my face then finally I heard allen coming whihc was a sigh of relief for me... I needed him ... I was scared... 

I was totally shocked when doctor kaplan said they had started the surgery already... 

then there was just a buch of pushing and pulling and the snesthesiologist was talking to me about why he had to puncture me twice... nd I just remember dr. kaplan talking about how ethan was trying to hide from him and stuff...and allen was being such a sweetheart... rubbing my face and asking me if I was ok.... then finally i heard dr. kaplan say we had a beautiful baby boy!!.... but i was worried because he wasn't crying.... I was expecting him to cry right away because leila did... so I was worried... then I was relieved when I finally heard his cry... nd BOY DID HE CRy!!!... it just got louder and louder haha... this was emotional for me and I started to cry..... I couldnt believe that that was my baby boy..... then allen went to go cut the umbillical cord....

then i was kind of on and off knocking out... then next thing I knew allen was gone and theyw ere transporting me to the recovery room where they placed tons and tons of warm blankets on me... I was covered.... I was trying so hard to stay awake because I didnt want to miss a second of anything... but from time to time i would knock out... I would wait for allen and he would come and go... then finally the nurse said that my temperature was good enough for me to go to my room.... allen had disapeared for a while and I was wondering where he was because I wanted him there with me in the room... then finally we get to the room and there he was with ethan..... I was so happy that there was nothing wrong with ethan and that I was able to see him right away instead of waiting like AI had to to with lei... I was very surprised to see allen holding ethan... my first impression of ethan as that he didnt look like me... so i was thinking that he must look like allen... which made me happy...

as they transfered me from the operatioon bed to my regular bed allen and ethan waited outside.... then finally I was able to hold my little boy... staring at him closely I noticed that he DEFFINATELY had my nose.... lol it looked just like leilas wen she was born....

he was very handsome for being a newborn... most newborns are ugly wen they come out... but ethan was adorable right from the begining...

he was so tiny and weighed the same as lei wen she was born... 6.2 poounds... nd he was 18 1/2 inches long....

cute little boy...

I was in pain after while in the hospital and was so glad that allen was able to stay both nights because I couldnt even get up on my own... 

One thing I will never forget is the pian I felt the first time I was trying to get up to go to the bathroom....the nurse was very helpful though... That was the most painful thing Ive ever experienced in my life... I felt bad for crying so much because allen was making sad faces... nd I dont like crying infront of him... 

I was so happy to have ethan though... but the whole being in total pain thing made me rethink having another kid... I mean I prolly will because imma miss having a baby around the house... but ... imma make sure im as healthy as I could possibly be..... I want to continue beacuse so many other things happend after the hosptial... its been a total rollercoaster ride since ethan was been but i'll touch up on those things later because its getting priti late nd i wanna spend time with my hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment