Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the proposal (there i fixed it hunny haha)


I LOVE to blog about certain things in my life because as time goes on you forget the little and simple things... so this is my way of capturing a moment in my life...

The day before Allen propsed to me he was hinting that he wanted to go on a date the next day just me and him. We were in the car on our way back to our apartment from Cerritos and he said, "I want to go on a date with you since this will be one of the last times in a while we'll be able to go out till the baby is born." He said that because I am seriously getting sooo tired because of the pregnancy, taking care of leila, and all the heat. So going places isn't a breeze for me. So I waas like "For sure we should have one last date for just the two of us". Allen and I talk about marriage casually because at this point in our lives its a thing that we both have to agree upon because of the little one coming. We aren't just getting married cuz of the baby...we always planned to haha but for a long time we disscused if marriage right now or later would be best. For months we agreed upon just waiting a year or two so we could save up for the wedding of our dreams haha and for the most part that is still the plan. For certain reasons( I do not wish to say on the internet haha) we disscused having a small ceremony for just family then throw the big shindig in a year or two. And for those reasons Allen and I agreed upon looking into getting married sooner. But! with all things theere are many things you have to think about... especially because we are having a baby insurace is important for us so that we wont end up spending soo much on just the birth of our child cuz if I stay on my parents insurance its totally free cuz its 100% covered. So Allen and I did our research... disscused a lot and it seemed like we could possibly make the marriage happen sooner than expected... SO ANYWAYS BACK TO THE CAAR RIDE... so i asked him " So when do you think we should get married?" and He said , "Well, I'm not sure if we should right now but let me think about it over the weekend." I was totally cool with this cuz it wuz wutever... wen we get married we'll get married... and I wanted him to want to so I wasnt gonna complain haha...  at this point I had no IDEA wut was instore for me the next day...
WElllll..... so Sat the 21st of 2008 came along haha nd as usual he got ready for work... kissed me and leila goodbye and he was off. That morning was a priti dramaful one because there was an issue with my rents and my older sister...nd i wuz so upset and stuff....so my sister and nephew decided to take a breather from the drama over there and came to chill with me over HERE yeayyy haha... I kept calling allen for directions cuz I so dont remember how to get here  from my rents housse.... he called me asking wut wuz up and I told him about the whole situation... then after telling him he asked "This won't affect our date tonight right?" and i wuz like ofcourse not.... thats wwen i think I got my first thought that he might propose... i wuz like hmmmm why does he wanna go so bad HUH????? then I got my second hint... which was him calling and asking if my mom and my sister's number changed nd wut not...nd i gave him thier new numbers... nd i wuz like why does he wanna call my mom??
ok not to get all emo and stuff... but if you know me and my story you know that i've been torn apart so many times...the things i wished for and hoped for never happend... so I am really not the type to get my hopes up about things. For a long time I gave up on romance.... but i guess it made me into a good gf though... cuz i never expect gifts... never expect anything from Allen except to just tell me he loves me.... So even though the thought that Allen would propose came to mind I pushed it aside because I didn't want to hope that he would and just totally get crushed when it didn't happen.
Allen came home from work around 4:30 that day and he asked where I wanted to go... and I seriously had no Idea cuz my pregnancy cravings turn on and off haha.... Then he suggested a few places here and there nd I would be like ehhhh iono haha nd he was like UR SO PICKY hahaha... nd then finally like always I was like YOU CHOOSE.... So he made reservations at 9 at the melting pot in brea cuz we both had never been there. Since we had to drive alll the way down to cerritos so my rents could baby sit leila I got ready right away... nd I asked Allen wut he was gonna wear nd he sed the dress code over there was business causal... nd i wuz like well SORRYYY WE HAVE DRESS CODE.... but ya there isn't... but did i know that nOOoooOOoo haha. So i started to get ready... I wore a cute littl black dress that didn't make me look so preggs ( until i sit down)...
Then we packed our things because we were staying the night at my rents house so that we could go to Jaylens 1st bday party... quick shout out the the lil man... happy birthday hahaha..... nd then after I got everything ready and everything was packed I asked allen if he was ready when he came back from getting the mail... nd haha everytime he gets the mail I take it and look through it... nd this time he automatically said ehh its a bunch of junk mail and put it in the basket on our counter... nd for a sec i wuz gonna ask to see it but i wuz like wutever lets get out of here haha...wut i didnt know is that the reason allen didnt want me to see the mail was because he got a letter from Ben Bridge where he got my ring hahaha. Then he said... is that everything? nd i said yep... nd then i looked in the bedroom and i noticed his backpack was on the bed nd i sed U forgot ur backpack nd he wuz like oh crap ya.... haha i didnt know that i almost messed up allens little plan....Mkay.. so he hid the ring in this tallllll shelf that I never look in... and wouldnt be able to look in even if I had a chair to stand on haha so Allen's plan was to leave his backpack while I went to the car nd say Opps i forgot my backpack nd he planned on going inside to get the ring hahaha my bad babe... So he grabbed his backpack and we were gonna go  to the car.... but i wuz like do you have the keys for the door cuz its not locked... nd he sed oo ya i left it in the car... nd i wuz already thinking ARGH could he lag more haha.. nd so i waited nd he came back nd i wuz like.. keys to the door? nd he wuz like aw i forgot again.. or something like that... nd he was like why dont we put leila in the car first nd i'll go back nd lock it... nd i wuz like ok wutever haha... so we went in the car he went back nd he took a while i wuz like dude wth doesnt take this long to lock a frikin door....he finally came and we were off....
We drove to cerritos and on the way there I noticed allen kept bringing up marriage hahaha he asked me ... are you sure u wanna marry me? nd i wuz like ofcourse are YOU sure u wanna marry me? nd he sed yes haha... ne ways we got there i did my make up and we were off for our little date...We passed a davids bridal on the way to the melting pot.. nd i wuz like OO look lets go there... nd allen wuz like why do you keep on bringing up marriage... nd i realized i wuz kinda ... nd I realized that in the back of my mind I was hoping he would propose to me. nd when we came near the restaurant I kept yelling at myself in my head for being so stupid nd that expecting romantic things like that is dumb... nd that he will wen he will... so again... i brushed it off...

The place was BEAUTIFUL... the surrounding area was so cute nd I had never been there... so it was really exciting... and knowing Allen had  never been there was exciting for me also... We parked and wallked to the melting pot.. which has like super beautiful doors haha it looked cool... nd then wen you walk into the restaurant the atmosphere is simply perfect... the lights were dimmed the decorations frenchy and classy. They walked us to our table... as we walked through the restaurant  it was the typical booth styled set up then we turned around a little corner to this area where it was set up so that each party had their own secluded area from everyone else. There were candles lit on the table and around our little area which made it all the more romantic. We sat there having the most perfect time of our lives... just hugging each other... talking about everything ... not to mention our waitress was the best... she was so sweet nd genuine....
Allen is such a sweet heart and always looks out for me and asked our waitress if there was any alcoholic beverages that were added in some of the food because I'm pregnant and he didnt want anything like that in our food. She said congratualations! and then explained that the only thing we would have to avoid were some of the desert choices... nd we thanked her...
Then allen went to the bathroom nd came back nd wuz like... dude.... their bathrooms are niiiicceee... nd i wuz like... i dont have to go but I wanna see haha... but i didnt... the four course dinner was AMAZING... the lobster was our favorite part though... then the desert came around and it was the cutest thing... our waitress brought us three strawbrries covered in chocolate along with the rest of our desserts. One of the 3 strawberries had a candle on it... and she said that it was her little treat for us since we are having a baby nd she left us so we could have our little alone ti,me.... then we both made a wish that God would bless our future and together we blew out the candle =)....... gahh the desert was deadly hahaha...
then i went tot he restroom... nd allen was right it wuz frikin crazy classy hahaha best bathroom i've ever been in haha... ne ways... then when dinner was finally over ( the absoloute best 2 hours ever) he paid for it and on the check there was a message from the waitress that said good luck and congrats.. we thought that was super cute...

we left and headed for the car... IT WUZ HOT AS HELLL that night though...
I kept thanking Allen cuz it was seriously the most romantic date i've ever been on in my life... Unforgetable... it was like i was in a movie =)...
Then to top off our night we decided to go to the beach together to just relax and enjoy the beauty of the beach at night...While we were on the freeway I was talking to God. I was thanking him for that night. I told him thank you for making everything turn out the way it did. I also told him that even though I had some thoughts that Allen would propose that I was happy with everything the way it was. I thanked God for holding me those times I was so depressed the years before and that durring those times I would cry my heart out he knew that I would be thanking him soon for the most perfect night of my life. I thanked God for Allen because I need someone like him in my life. I also thanked him for bringing me my children and asked God to use them for his greater plan.
We got the the beach and we parked.... then I waited for allen to change haha cuz he was in the car changing into his beach shorts lol ....Then we walked down onto the beach together... enjoying the nice cool breeze especially since it waas really hot that day... the nice cool breeze was so refreshing... i swer it wuz like i slomo movie... haha well until we got in the sand... cuz uhh walking through the sand pregnant is not easy hahaha.... there were a few night crawler out on the beach also so we moved to an area where there wasn't anyone... Then we sat down on the mat we brought and looked out into the ocean... we just sat there hugging each other talking about our lives... while watching the waves crash against the shore.... simply beautiful. Then he asked if we could get up nd go near the water... nd we did... nd we stood up holding each other still looking out at the ocean with my head rested on his chest... I was listening to the sounds of allen telling me a story, the waves tossing , and the beating of his heart. As he was talking to me about our future with our children allen's heart began to race faster....which made mine beat a little faster... then after talking about our family he said ,"Then that means we have to to the first step." he paused got down on one knee opend the box he held in his hands and said "Will you marry me?" At that moment I was so happy I started to cry and with tears pouring down I said 'Yes' and i think i also said ofcourse i will but iono i was so caught up in all the emotion everything just was a sort of happy blur haha... He placed the ring on my finger and it was the ring that I was looking at in the window at the mall. 3 stoned princess cut diamonds with smaller diamonds on each side....
we hugged and kissed and spent forver just crying and hugging and thanking him for the most perfect night... then we went back to my house ... gah best night of my LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment